Trent Hills Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Trent Hills Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Do you rent or own your home?

Information for Renters

If you rent your home, your permit will require approval by your landlord before it becomes valid.

Landlord Information

Open Burn Address 1

Login Details

Confirm Your Location

Please ensure the marker on the map below indicates the correct location for your property. You may use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out, and click-and-drag the marker to place it in the correct location.

Loading map...

Loading addresses...

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photo for Permit (Required for Campsite Permits)

Please upload a photo of a digital map of your grounds.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (705) 243-1828

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a burn permit? When will my permit be approved?

You may register online using this website, or you can visit us in person. Your Permit will be approved after payment is received.

What can I burn?

Burn only clean dry wood products (unpainted or untreated wood by products may be burned)

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air fire (bonfire, fire pit etc.) then yes, you need an approved permit. If you are having a barbecue a permit is not required.

When can I burn?

Urban Chiminea and Rural Fire Pits or Camp Fires (Allowed after Sunset) and extinguished fully by 1.00 am Farming Purposes (between sunrise and sunset – 06:00 hours to 18:00 hours)

How do I activate?

Notify the Fire Department at 705-243-1828 to activate your permit for each time you burn.