Burn Permits logo

Trent Hills Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Department Logo or Badge

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (705) 243-1828

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a burn permit? When will my permit be approved?

You may register online using this website, or you can visit us in person. Your Permit will be approved after payment is received.

What can I burn?

Burn only clean dry wood products (unpainted or untreated wood by products may be burned)

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air fire (bonfire, fire pit etc.) then yes, you need an approved permit. If you are having a barbecue a permit is not required.

When can I burn?

Urban Chiminea and Rural Fire Pits or Camp Fires (Allowed after Sunset) and extinguished fully by 1.00 am Farming Purposes (between sunrise and sunset – 06:00 hours to 18:00 hours)

How do I activate?

Notify the Fire Department at 705-243-1828 to activate your permit for each time you burn.